- Hurtigruten Expedition Voyage in cabin category of your choice on a full board basis (daily buffet breakfast, buffet lunch, and set or buffet dinner)
- One hotel night in Montevideo before the voyage, including breakfast
- Transfer from hotel to ship in Montevideo, including an orientation tour
- Transfer from ship to airport in Punta Arenas
- Economy flight from Punta Arenas to Santiago de Chile
- Wind- and water-resistant jacket
- Landings and activities on board and ashore
- Professional English-speaking Expedition Team that gives lectures and accompanies landings and activities
- Complimentary use of Muck Boot rubber boots
- Complimentary tea and coffee
- Flights from US
- Travel Protection Plan
- Luggage handling
- Optional excursions and gratuities
- Prices are in USD per person
- All planned landings are subject to weather and ice conditions
- All itineraries are subject to change
- Medical declaration form is mandatory
- Single cabins on request
Starting in Montevideo, the capital of Uruguay, you have the opportunity to take a city tour before heading towards Antarctica. The UNESCO World Heritage Site of Peninsula Valdés is the first stop. This is one of the wildlife highlights of Argentina, where you get to see some of the largest marine animals in the world in their natural environment.
Next, we stop in Puerto Madryn, where you can join excursions such as whale watching or hiking to the wonderful surroundings here. Then we set our course to the Falkland Islands, where we use small boats to go ashore for exploring, hiking, or birdwatching safaris on the small islands and visit Stanley, the capital of the Falklands.
In Antarctica, you will experience everything from landings in great surroundings to theme days on board. You also get the chance to enjoy field days, kayaking, and exploring the waters and ice in small boats.
Returning from Antarctica, we pass Cape Horn, where seafarers had to pass in order to cross from one side of the Americas to the other before the Panama Canal. We will try to make a landing here, despite its reputation of high seas and challenging conditions. After traveling through the Chilean fjords we reach Punta Arenas, where the journey ends before your flight home.
Departures: October 22, 2017.
Hurtigruten uses variable pricing and prices depend on cabin availability. As cabin availability decreases, prices increase. Contact us for current prices and special offers that may apply.