- Arrival & departure airport transfer by FLYBUS (no guide)
- Fully escorted 3-day coach tour with English speaking guide
- Bonfire and New Year's Celebration Tour on day 3
- 4 night budget accommodation, rooms with private shower/wc (see information below)
- Daily breakfast
- 4-course festive dinner on the 31st of December
- Fine dining at one of Reykjavík's best gourment restaurants on the 1st of January including transfers
- Entrance with towel at Blue Lagoon
- Entrance fee to Skógar Folk Museum and Turf Houses
- Northern Lights program during 2 evenings with a combination of lectures, presentations, film and guided searches for Northern Lights and midnight refreshments.
- New: Use of winter & Northern Lights explorer equipment: Simple non slip snow & ice grippers spikes for shoes and flash light
- Flights to and from Iceland
- Travel Insurance
NATURE FEES: There is a possibility that some of the nature attractions around Iceland might charge an entrance fee during the trip. These entrance fees are not included in the tour price and need to be paid by all tour members additionally on the spot, when entering any of these nature sites. Locations, amount of entrance fee, form of payment and other details are not known at the present time and are subject to change.
ACCOMMODATIONS: First and last night are at Guesthouse Borgartún in Reykjavík, offering 22 simple rooms with private shower/wc. Guesthouse Borgartún features a breakfast room and a sitting lounge with TV and guest computer and is located about 5 minutes drive to the center of Reykjavík. 2nd & 3rd night are at Árhús Cottages in Hella, South Iceland, where 23 rooms with shower/wc are located in simple cottages in the large garden right on the river banks in Hella. Árhús Cottages are popular with outdoor active guests and families travelling with children. All cottages are equipped with a small kitchenette and free Wi-Fi. There is a restaurant on premises and the program includes 2x breakfast and 1x festive 4-course dinner.
There is an option to book a hotel upgrade: First and last night at Centerhotel Plaza and 2nd/3rd night at Stracta Hotel in Hella. Note that all Northern Lights educational programs and New Year‘s activities on the 31st of December are held at Árhús Cottages (10 minutes walk between Stracta Hotel and Árhús Cottages).
NORTHERN LIGHTS: This program includes during 2 evenings a combination of presentations, lectures, film and guided Northern Lights searches in the hotel garden in South Iceland. All countryside hotels in this program offer a Northern Lights wake up call for guests that register for that special service at the hotel reception. The tour is dependent on weather and therefore sightings are not guaranteed. The Northern Lights are in the northern sky from September through April but are only visible when the sky is clear and free of clouds. Like many of natures wonders, it's ephemeral – they may be visible, they may appear for a bit and then be gone (it is not a TV show that you can just turn on and off). But it's worth the patience required. Because they're a winter event, you need to be prepared to wait outside, while looking for them. It's best to dress very warmly, in layers, with good footwear, gloves, hats and whatever else will make you comfortable while you await this truly outstanding event. For the best photos we recommend using a tripod.
CHANGE OF PROGRAM: In rare cases, a change of itinerary might be necessary during winter programs in Iceland, should snow, road and weather conditions not allow to follow the scheduled itinerary, and certain outdoor activities might be cancelled.